Apple will now replace your crackling AirPods for free
Appleon Friday announced a program to replace faulty AirPods Proearphones for free.
- The company said it had become aware of "sound issues" on some of its units.
- These issues include staticky or crackling noises and Active Noise Cancellation playing up.
- Apple said either itself or authorized providers will be able to replace the headphones, either one at a time or as a pair.
Apple will now replace people's crackling AirPods Pro earphones for free after months of complaints from customers.
Apple created a support page on Friday for the AirPods Pro exchange program. "Apple has determined that a small percentage of AirPods Pro may experience sound issues," the tech giant wrote, adding that the affected headphones were manufactured before October this year.
Apple said either itself or authorized providers will be able to replace the headphones — either one at a time or as a pair — if they display one of the following two faults:
- "Crackling or static sounds that increase in loud environments, with exercise or while talking on the phone."
- "Active Noise Cancellation not working as expected, such as a loss of bass sound, or an increase in background sounds, such as street or airplane noise."
Users have been complaining about the AirPods Pro developing
Apple is reportedly planning to launch two new pairs of AirPods next year, including a redesigned and smaller version of the AirPods Pro.
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life
- India’s economic rise: How global tech giants are chasing the next big growth engine
- Lamborghini Revuelto: Plug-in hybrid supercar with V12 engine hits Indian roads