Apple will now replace your crackling AirPods for free
Appleon Friday announced a program to replace faulty AirPods Proearphones for free.
- The company said it had become aware of "sound issues" on some of its units.
- These issues include staticky or crackling noises and Active Noise Cancellation playing up.
- Apple said either itself or authorized providers will be able to replace the headphones, either one at a time or as a pair.
Apple will now replace people's crackling AirPods Pro earphones for free after months of complaints from customers.
Apple created a support page on Friday for the AirPods Pro exchange program. "Apple has determined that a small percentage of AirPods Pro may experience sound issues," the tech giant wrote, adding that the affected headphones were manufactured before October this year.
Apple said either itself or authorized providers will be able to replace the headphones — either one at a time or as a pair — if they display one of the following two faults:
- "Crackling or static sounds that increase in loud environments, with exercise or while talking on the phone."
- "Active Noise Cancellation not working as expected, such as a loss of bass sound, or an increase in background sounds, such as street or airplane noise."
Users have been complaining about the AirPods Pro developing
Apple is reportedly planning to launch two new pairs of AirPods next year, including a redesigned and smaller version of the AirPods Pro.
- Gold import duty hiked to 15% from 10.75% earlier
- Adding money to your Paytm wallet can’t get easier than this
- Best smartwatches under ₹3,000 in India
- Mukesh Ambani & Anil Agarwal lose ₹1.17 lakh crore in a few hours as government slaps two different oil taxes
- OnePlus Nord 2T launch is around the corner – here’s what you can expect