AT&T is lifting all internet data caps and Comcast is cutting some introductory service fees in response to the shift to more home use amid the coronavirus outbreak
- AT&T is lifting overage fees and removing internet data caps for home broadband internet amid the significant changes that millions of Americans are going through due to coronavirus concerns.
- Not all internet service providers have data caps in the first place.
- Comcast also announced that it's offering its Essentials internet service designed for low-income families free for 60 days to new customers. The service typically costs $9.95 per month.
- Comcast also said it's increasing the speeds of its Essentials internet service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The typical price for Comcast's Essential service is $9.95 per month.Comcast also told Business Insider that will increase the speeds of its Essential internet service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all new and existing customers. These new speeds will remain the standard moving forward, the company said.So far, internet service provides and telcos haven't shown that their networks and infrastructure are being overloaded, or even significantly affected, by a shift from offices and schools to homes.
Spectrum told Business Insider in a statement that its network "is built to sustain maximum capacity during peak usage, which is typically in the evenings, so a surge during the day would be well within our capabilities to manage."
Altice sent Business Insider a statement saying the company has "been investing in technology and increasing network capacity to meet the growing demands of our "always online" culture, and this includes having in place proper contingency plans to ensure service continuity for our customers."
- Cannes Lions 2021: India brings home a Gold, four Silver Lions and three Bronze Lions on Day 2
- E-commerce management platform CommerceIQ raises $60 million, looks to launch India operations by 2022
- Best power banks under ₹ 1000 to buy in India for 2021
- Best business laptops in India for 2021
- India is reportedly mulling over a new crypto tax which could make trading on foreign exchanges more expensive