Away cofounder Jen Rubio and Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield are expecting a baby together after a long fertility journey Rubio described as 'a whole road to get here'
- Away cofounder Jen Rubio and Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield are having a baby together, Rubio announced in an Instagram post on Monday.
- "I spend a lot of time hoping this little boy can feel how much love and intention and support there is behind his very existence," Rubio wrote. "We can't wait to meet him."
- Rubio detailed the couple's struggles with fertility, revealing that she had an early miscarriage and underwent multiple rounds of in vitro fertilization. She thanked Butterfield as well as the Bay Area fertility clinic she used to get pregnant.
- Rubio and Butterfield got engaged in May 2019 and planned to get married in Peru before the coronavirus pandemic derailed their wedding plans.
Away cofounder Jen Rubio and Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield are expecting a baby together.
Rubio announced the news on her Instagram on Monday with a photo of her growing bump - she revealed that they're having a boy and that she's "starting to feel like myself again" after a challenging first trimester."I spend a lot of time hoping this little boy can feel how much love and intention and support there is behind his very existence," Rubio wrote. "We can't wait to meet him."
Rubio thanked Bay Area-based fertility center Spring Fertility for helping her feel comfortable, tagging them in her post but clarifying that it's not an ad - "I just love them so much."Rubio also thanked Butterfield, who she said "turned every injection time into a dance party and iced all my bruises and came to every appointment to make small talk with everyone so I didn't have to."
Rubio, 33, and Butterfield, 47, got engaged in May 2019 and had planned to get married in Peru before the pandemic hit - Rubio wrote on Instagram in May that the couple doesn't currently have any wedding plans. Butterfield has a daughter from a previous marriage, but this will be Rubio's first child.Read more: Cofounders Jen Rubio and Steph Korey built online luggage retailer Away into a $1.4 billion company in just 3 years. Next up, it wants to be a 'travel brand.'Rubio cofounded the luggage brand Away with her former Warby Parker colleague Steph Korey in 2015 and currently serves as the company's president and chief brand officer. Butterfield is work software company Slack's CEO - he took the company public in 2019 and recently told it to Salesforce for $27.7 billion.
- Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- Publicis Groupe consolidates Data Science, Programmatic and Media Tech with Zenith and Starcom, under a common leadership
- Here are the 7 Indians who will be a part of Cannes Lions Jury this year
- CBSE Class 10 board exams cancelled, Class 12 exams postponed as COVID-19 cases surge