Battlegrounds Mobile India is relaunching soon, but government says final call only after a 3-month trial
- Popular game
Battlegrounds MobileIndia (BGMI) is all set to be re-launch in India.
- BGMI was banned in August 2022 by the Indian government.
- BGMI is expected to soon be available on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
AdvertisementNine months after the Indian government banned it, the popular battle royale game Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) is making a comeback. BGMI was launched in India after PUBG Mobile was banned along with several Chinese applications due to privacy and security concerns.
In August 2022, BGMI met the same fate and was banned in the country. While the government did not give a reason for the ban, it was reportedly banned due to security concerns.
Krafton, the developer of BGMI, said that the government has lifted the ban on the game and is making a comeback in India. This will make BGMI the first app to return after being banned by the government.
“We are highly grateful to the Indian authorities for allowing us to resume operations of BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE INDIA (BGMI). We would like to extend our gratitude to our Indian gaming community for their support and patience over the past few months,” said Sean Hyunil Sohn, chief executive officer, Krafton India.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
As per Krafton, the game had reached the milestone of 100 million cumulative users a year in India after its launch, when it was banned.
BGMI also holds the record of becoming the first e-sports event to be broadcasted on mainstream television and has reached 24 million concurrent viewers and 200 million total viewers.
"We would like to express our deep appreciation and gratitude to the authorities for permitting us to restart the operations of BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE INDIA (BGMI). KRAFTON, Inc. is a responsible South Korean organisation that abides by the law and has put in place several measures to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations,” said Vibhor Kukreti, head, government affairs, Krafton India.
Apple App Store prevented over $2 billion in fraudulent transactions last year, banned 282 million user accounts
Electric two wheelers may get costlier as government looks to revamp the FAME-II scheme
How to silence calls from unknown numbers on WhatsApp
Popular on BI
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Top 5 Places to visit in Mahabaleshwar
- Samsung Galaxy F54 5G: A top specs phone under Rs 30,000 but with fast charging still a miss
- TCS looking to grab opportunities arising due to global shifts in energy and supply chain, says Chandrasekaran
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny vs Honda Elevate – Which SUV suits your need
- LinkedIn introduces ID Verification feature for Indian users