Bill Gates listed the pros and cons of marriage on a whiteboard before eventually proposing to Melinda
Bill Gateslisted the pros and cons of marriageon a whiteboard before proposing. Melinda Gateswalked in on him writing the list, she said in a 2019 Netflix series "Inside Bill's Brain."
- The couple on Monday announced they were divorcing after 27 years of marriage.
Bill Gates listed the pros and cons of marriage on a whiteboard before proposing to his wife Melinda Gates.
In "Inside Bill's Brain," a Netflix three-episode series released in 2019, Melinda said she walked into Bill's bedroom and found him writing the list, CNBC first reported."Bill wanted to be married, but he didn't know whether he could actually commit to it and [run]
After 27 years of marriage, the couple announced on Monday they were divorcing. "After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage," they said in a statement on Twitter. "We no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in the next phase of our lives."Read more: Bill and Melinda Gates reveal exactly how they've kept their 26-year marriage strong while building a $1 trillion company
In the documentary, Bill said that Melinda "is a truly equal partner.""She's a lot like me in that she is optimistic and she is interested in science. She is better with people than I am. She's a tiny bit less hard core about knowing, you know, immunology, than I am," he said. The pair met in 1987, when Melinda joined Microsoft as a product manager. They sat next to each other at a work dinner and started dating shortly after.
Their relationship started off casual. Melinda "had other boyfriends, and I had Microsoft," Bill said.
Melinda said she was "new to Microsoft, there were a lot of men there and ... you are still looking around."After a year, they both confessed their love for each other, Bill said.
In 2020, Insider reported how the couple had thrived in a successful relationship while building a nearly $2 trillion company. They have raised three children - Jennifer, Rory, and Phoebe - and founded the world's largest charity, the
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall