Bumble just publicly filed for an IPO, revealing 42 million monthly users
Bumblepublicly filed a form S-1 for an IPOwith the Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday.
- Bumble confidentially filed IPO paperwork with the SEC in 2020.
- Whitney Wolfe Herd, a co-founder of Tinder, launched the dating-app company in 2014.
Bumble publicly filed for an IPO on Friday.The dating company filed a form S-1 for its IPO with the Securities and Exchange Commission, revealing the company is looking to trade under the symbol BMBL on the Nasdaq.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Bumble confidentially filed IPO paperwork with the SEC in 2020, and Bloomberg reported it planned on going public in February of this year.Read more: INTERVIEW: Poshmark's CEO Manish Chandra dishes on working with Serena Williams, avoiding jail by partnering with the USPS, and splurging on Balenciaga sneakers.
The company filed for an offering size of up to $100 million, but that figure is likely a placeholder. Bumble could seek a valuation as high as $8 billion, Bloomberg reported.Whitney Wolfe Herd, a co-founder of Tinder, launched the dating-app company in 2014. The app is unique by requiring women to initiate conversations with men within 24 hours of a match. Blackstone Group bought a majority stake in Bumble in 2019 that valued the company at $3 billion, per Nasdaq.
The company made $26.84 in average revenue per paying user in 2019, but did not reveal the amount generated per paying user in 2020.
Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, and JP Morgan will lead the IPO as underwriters.Bumble's move follows the IPO boom of late 2020, and a growing list startups planning to go public in 2021, including Poshmark and Affirm.
- International Tigers Day: Ten most interesting facts about the beautiful beasts
- Rolex Rings IPO gets subscribed 3.84 times on the first day of bidding
- If Spotify was a country, it would be bigger than the US as subscriber count hits 365 million
- Saudi citizens warned against visiting countries facing travel ban
- This Indian startup is using Ethereum to help Maharashtra, Karnataka and Telangana fight against fake degrees