Carl Pei’s Nothing will launch the Ear 1 truly wireless earbuds in June this year
- OnePlus co-founder
Carl Peifounded Nothingearlier this year.
- Nothing is based in London and plans to launch an interconnected ecosystem of devices.
- Apart from this, Nothing has also acquired Android creator Andy Rubin’s Essential.
AdvertisementNothing, the new startup founded by Carl Pei will launch its first product in June this year. Named Ear 1, this will be a pair of truly
The company has remained tight-lipped about the details of the Ear 1, but knowing Pei, we can expect some teasers to start rolling out in the near future as we draw closer to the launch date.
However, going by the poster released by Nothing, the Ear 1 could have a rather long stem when compared to the traditional earbuds design. This goes against the concept render that Pei had tweeted back in March, revealing a design inspired by tobacco pipe.
It all starts with design, the soul of a product: https://t.co/n2lPLdCAP4 https://t.co/i9YbsNUuJN— Carl Pei (@getpeid) 1615287806000
Nothing is a London-based company founded by OnePlus co-founder Pei.
Apart from applying his learnings from his time at OnePlus, Pei already has a list of stars that he counts amongst his investors. This includes Reddit’s Chief Executive Officer Steve Huffman, iPod inventor and Nest co-founder Tony Fadell, Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin and YouTuber Casey Neistat.
Nothing had also announced a public investing round wherein shares worth $1.5 million were available for subscription.
As of now, more details about Nothing’s Ear 1 earbuds are not available. The company says it eventually wants to create an ecosystem of interconnected devices – the exact outline of this strategy will only be known in due course.
Carl Pei’s Nothing invites users to invest in the company – $1.5 million worth shares available
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei picks Android creator Andy Rubin’s Essential to put the “giant reset button” in consumer tech
Carl Pei-led Nothing brings in Teenage Engineering as founding partner
Popular on BI
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?