YouTube Music Premium vs Spotify vs Apple Music: Best music subscription plans in India compared
- YouTube now offers annual subscription plans for its services in countries including India.
- YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium are now available with yearly plans.
- Here’s a comparison of how YouTube Music Premium stacks up with Spotify and Apple Music.
AdvertisementYouTube has announced new annual plans for YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium subscription services. Up until now, YouTube has been offering only monthly and quarterly plans but with the new option, users can now opt for a one-time payment plan. The annual plans are available in countries including India.
With YouTube Premium you get access to ad-free videos, background play and free access to YouTube Music. You can also opt to subscribe to only YouTube Music which is slightly lesser than a YouTube Premium membership.
YouTube competes with other global players like Spotify and Apple Music when it comes to offering a music streaming service. With the new annual plan, users also have more options when it comes to choosing a more convenient subscription.
So we’ve made a comparison of the subscription plans offered by YouTube Music Premium, Spotify and Apple Music.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
YouTube Music Premium
YouTube Music Premium has three subscription plans to choose from. The annual plan for 12 months is priced at ₹889, the 3-month quarterly plan at ₹309, and the monthly plan is available at ₹109.
You can also go for the bundled YouTube Premium subscription that has YouTube Music Premium and costs ₹1,159 annually, ₹399 and ₹139.
Spotify has four major subscription plans for users in India. Its annual plan is priced at ₹1,189 while the monthly plan costs ₹129. You can also go for the 3-month or 6-month quarterly plan priced at ₹389 and ₹719, respectively.
There are pocket-friendly Spotify plans as well that cost ₹7 for a day, and ₹25 for a week. Spotify also offers ‘Duo’ and ‘Family’ plans that are priced at ₹165 and ₹199 respectively.
Apple Music doesn’t have an annual subscription plan in India. It however has the cheapest monthly plan among the three, and it’s priced at ₹99. There’s also a Siri-only Voice plan priced at ₹49 per month.
Other options include monthly student and family plans priced at ₹49 and ₹149. If you want a bundled subscription then you can go for Apple One that includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and iCloud+ priced at ₹195 for the monthly individual plan and ₹365 for the monthly family plan.
|Music streaming service||Monthly plan||Annual plan|
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- As a mom, I know punishments don't work. Parents should be trying to find a connection instead.
- Sensex, Nifty slip for second day; FMCG, IT stocks drag
- Air India puts together 'huge financing deal' for new fleet: CEO
- Marine species including whales and dolphins under significant threat from noise pollution
- ITR filing: Your guide to Form 26AS and why you should check for TDS discrepancies
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Mount Abu