Despite surge in cyber attacks, 80% companies in India struggle with cybersecurity awareness among employees and executives
Despite increasing cyberattacks, budgets on cybersecurity have remained stagnant and executive teams continue to underestimate the level of damage threats can do to organisations, revealed the survey by global cybersecurity firm Sophos.
The survey identified that in
Advertisement"At a time when data breaches and sophisticated cyberattacks like ransomware are growing at an alarming rate, cybersecurity preparedness is paramount. While businesses are waking up to take note of such attacks and working to secure their organisations, it is vital for them to educate their leaders and employees about the seriousness of cyberattacks," said Sunil
"It is high time that cybersecurity is seen as adding value to the overall business and not as a cost. Business leaders should understand that their stakeholders, including customers, will trust them more if they know they are dealing with an organisation that follows best cybersecurity practices and that their data is safe," he added.
The findings also showed 56 per cent of Indian organisations weren't running up-to-date cybersecurity protection at the time of the most significant attack they suffered in the past year.
"Organisations need to be more vigilant, educating their employees and leaders about cyber hygiene along with having the right cybersecurity tools, people and processes in place to minimise the impact," Sharma said.
The designer for Bentley, Aston Martin and Jaguar will now work on Ola Electric's new models
PUBG Mobile India to relaunch as Battlegrounds Mobile India – here’s what we know so far
Indian coders are working around the CoWIN app to help people bag the elusive vaccine slots
Apple analyst predicts an 8-inch foldable iPhone to launch in 2023
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Realme GT Neo 2 vs OnePlus Nord 2: Price, specs and features compared
- Titan, Kalyan Jewellers and other jewellery stocks rally in last one month on high bullion prices
- This Motilal Oswal-backed startup is planning to issue a million credit-based cards in the next 150 days relying on its $2 billion loan book
- Tata Nexon EV electrifies its launch campaign with Spotify India
- Top ten grocery brands in India: YouGov Report