Trump's latest attempt to return to Twitter ends a day later with a suspension
- A new
Donald Trumpwas suspended.
- The account, @DJTDesk, was suspended for violating Twitter's policies.
- Twitter barred Trump from the site earlier this year after the Capitol insurrection.
Twitter blocked former President Donald Trump's latest attempt to get back on the social-media site.
A new account called @DJTDesk on Thursday morning said it had been suspended for violating Twitter's rules.
In a statement to Insider, a Twitter spokesperson said, "As stated in our ban evasion policy, we'll take enforcement action on accounts whose apparent intent is to replace or promote content affiliated with a suspended account."
The bio of the account, which appeared to be created on Wednesday, said: "Posts copied from Save America on behalf of the 45th POTUS; Originally composed via https://DonaldJTrump.com/Desk. *Note: Not Donald J. Trump Tweeting."
After losing access to his personal account, Trump posted tweets from different accounts before they were also shut down. He resorted to emailing press releases that often read like tweets. He told Fox
The latest Twitter account was an extension of Trump's new website, From the Desk of Donald J. Trump, launched on Tuesday. On the site, he's shared tweet-like statements that his followers can share on
A spokesperson for Trump did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on the Twitter suspension.
After the insurrection, Trump was also barred from
The Facebook Oversight Board on Wednesday upheld the platform's decision to suspend Trump. But the board took issue with Facebook's "indefinite" suspension, telling it to reevaluate and decide in six months whether to restore, temporarily suspend, or permanently bar him.
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- WazirX receives 1023 requests for data from law enforcement in October-March 2022
- Elon Musk was dating Amber Heard and finalizing a divorce around the time he's said to have sexually harassed a SpaceX flight attendant
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani
- Reserve Bank to pay ₹30,307 crore dividend payment to Centre for FY22