Eagle-eyed viewers might have noticed a small white rectangle on the window of the Blue Origin spacecraft. See the postcard 82-year-old astronaut Wally Funk took to space.
- 82-year-old astronaut Wally Funk took a postcard to space that can be seen in the New Shepard's window.
- Funk said she will take a photo of herself with the postcard with the Earth behind her.
- The 82-year-old is the oldest US astronaut to ever go into space after training for it in the 1960s.
The small paper is actually a postcard that belongs to 82-year-old astronaut Wally Funk. During an interview before the flight, Funk told Blue Origin's director of astronaut and orbital sales, Ariane Cornell, that she planned to take a postcard that pictures Funk in front of an American flag on board the space launch.
"That is what is going to be on the window when I go up," Funk said. "I'm going to take a picture with it with the earth behind me."
When the New Shepard journeyed to the edge of space, Funk became the oldest-ever US astronaut, breaking John Glenn's record. She traveled to space for the first time nearly six decades after training for it in the 1960s with a group of female aviators known as the Mercury 13.
The 82-year-old is one of three other passengers that are traveling to space with
- Ethos IPO: Understanding its business, profit, outlook, analysts view in 10 points
- Here are the top cryptos losers that have reported the highest decline in the last 7 days
- Google's YouTube Music for Wear OS to now let users stream content over Wi-Fi and LTE
- Airtel bumped its profits by $2 billion in FY2022 — understand its earnings in ten simple points
- All you need to know about PM Modi's 6G announcement