Elon Musk and Grimes have broken up after 3 years of dating
Elon Muskand Grimeshave broken up after three years of dating.
- Musk told the New York Post that they were "semi-separated" but "on great terms."
- The couple will continue to coparent their 1-year-old son, X Æ A-Xii, Page Six reported.
Elon Musk and Grimes have called it quits after three years together.
The Tesla and SpaceX CEO told Page Six's Emily Smith and Mara Siegler on Friday that they were "semi-separated" but still loved each other and "are on great terms."
"It's mostly that my work at SpaceX and Tesla requires me to be primarily in Texas or traveling overseas and her work is primarily in LA," Musk said.
Musk and Grimes disclosed they were dating in May 2018 when Grimes, a singer and producer, brought Musk as her date to the Met Gala - Page Six reported at the time that they had been "quietly dating" for a few weeks. Page Six reported in 2018 that the couple met on Twitter: Musk was planning to make a joke about artificial intelligence and discovered Grimes had beaten him to the punch with a character from her "Flesh Without Blood" music video.
Musk later told The Wall Street Journal that he loved Grimes for her "wild fae artistic creativity and hyper-intense work ethic."
The couple have since weathered public scrutiny, with Grimes publicly defending Musk's wealth, political donations, and treatment of employees. And in August 2018, Grimes was inadvertently involved in Musk's scrape with the Securities and Exchange Commission over his infamous "funding secured" tweet. They appeared to break up shortly after.
Musk told Page Six on Friday that Grimes was "staying with me now and Baby X is in the adjacent room." On Thursday night, Grimes posted a video on TikTok of her trying to get X to say "mama" after she said in a Vogue video last week that her son called her by her first name, Claire - Musk's voice is audible in the background.
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal