Elon Musk confirms he has 9 kids with 3 women and claims a falling birthrate means a 'slow death' for civilization
- Elon Musk, who had his first child at 29 years of age, confirmed he has 9 kids with 3 women.
- He told The Full Send podcast that a low birth rate was the biggest threat facing the world.
Elon Musk has confirmed he has nine kids with three women and would rather "civilization went out with a bang than a whimper and adult diapers."
Speaking on The Full Send podcast released on Thursday, Musk was asked how many children he has and said he has nine offspring with three women. One of the hosts mentioned he had met Musk's twins, who are now going to college, their father said.
The world's richest individual said the biggest threat facing the world was a flatlining birthrate and claimed that overpopulation was a myth.
"Population is not growing. Lifespan is increasing. People are living longer. That's the only reason why the population on earth hasn't plummeted, but it will plummet," Musk said.
However, the United Nations expected the world's population to rise by 2 billion over the next 30 years, from 7.7 billion to 9.7 billion by 2050.
Musk added: "One thing to track is the ratio of adult diapers to baby diapers. What point does the country have more adult diapers and baby diapers?" He said sales of adult diapers in Japan have outpaced those for babies since 2011.
Musk has long shared his concerns about a declining birthrate. The SpaceX CEO wants to put humans in a settlement on Mars. He previously said on a podcast that SpaceX will put humans on the planet with its Starship rockets in five to 10 years.
However, he claimed there would not be enough people to move to Mars if the demographic crisis continued.
In this week's podcast, Musk says civilization will die with a whimper and adult diapers: "That kind of sucks doesn't it, it's like anticlimactic. Frankly, if given the choice, I'd rather civilization went out with a bang than a whimper and adult diapers."
In July, Insider reported that the tech mogul had twins last November with one of his top executives at Neuralink, Shivon Zilis, according to court documents.
Musk is worth about $264 billion, per Forbes. He has four companies: the electric-vehicle maker Tesla, the spacecraft manufacturer SpaceX, the tunnel-construction startup The Boring Company, and the brain-machine-interface implant company Neuralink.
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- Google's head of mental health and wellbeing was among the 12,000 workers laid off by the tech giant
- Mercedes-Benz says it has achieved Level 3 automation, which requires less driver input, surpassing the self-driving capabilities of Tesla and other major US automakers
- To not ‘police’ children’s creativity, moms create child-friendly art products & find investors on Shark Tank India
- India depended on others to solve its problems, it's now working to solve global problems: President Murmu
- Balaji Solutions, Enviro Infra Engineers get Sebi nod to float IPO
- Docu-series on Yash Chopra's legacy titled 'The Romantics' to drop on Netflix
- Hero Xoom with a sporty design launched in India – price, specs and more