Elon Musk jokes that The Simpsons predicted he would buy Twitter in an episode that aired in 2015
- Elon Musk posted a picture on Saturday joking that The Simpsons predicted he would buy Twitter.
- Lisa Simpson stands with a birdhouse that reads "Home Tweet Home" in an episode that featured Musk.
Elon Musk posted a picture on Saturday joking that The Simpsons predicted he would buy Twitter in an episode that aired seven years ago.
Musk, who became Twitter's new owner after closing the acquisition deal on October 27, posted an image from a 2015 Simpson's episode featuring Musk. The still is from the beginning of the episode and shows Lisa Simpson feeding birds. "Home Tweet Home" is written on the birdhouse.
—Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 26, 2022
It seems unsurprising that Musk has drawn attention to an episode that one critic described as "more like a love letter to Musk than a proper Simpsons episode."
"The Musk Who Fell to Earth" episode aired in January 2015 and saw Musk and Homer Simpson collaborating on a project to revolutionize Springfield's nuclear plant. Mr Burns, the owner of the power plant, wants to get rid of Musk after the inventor goes too far.
Much like in The Simpsons' episode, some celebrities and politicians think Musk may have also gone too far with his ambitions for Twitter. The billionaire has come under much criticism following the roll-out of his plans for "Twitter 2.0."
One of Musk's latest moves, reinstating former president Donald Trump to Twitter after he was banned following the January 6 Capitol riot in 2021, horrified some former employees, who told Fortune it was "incredibly upsetting."
The episode also features mass layoffs of Homer Simpson's colleagues from the power plant during Musk's visit, similar to the ongoing layoffs at Musk's Twitter.
Twitter didn't immediately respond to a request for comment by Insider.
- Oppn ZPM strides ahead, ruling MNF trails in Mizoram
- Adani Group stocks zoom ahead as Sensex, Nifty scale new-highs
- Bull vs. Bear Markets
- Counting of votes begins for Mizoram Assembly elections
- Coforge, Fortis Health see increased mutual fund holding in Q3, HDFC Bank declines