Elon Musk made a gross sex joke at the chair of the Senate Finance Committee who criticized his Twitter poll about taxes
- Elon Musk proposed selling Tesla stock in a Twitter poll, saying it's the only way he can pay taxes.
- Sen. Wyden was critical, saying Musk paying tax "shouldn't depend on the results of a Twitter poll."
Elon Musk insulted the Twitter profile picture of a senator who criticized his poll about selling Tesla stock, making a crude joke about his face.
Musk first tweeted a poll on Saturday, asking his followers whether he should tell 10% of his stock, and promised to follow its results.
Musk said that he was making the poll because people say he should pay more tax: "Much is made lately of unrealized gains being a means of tax avoidance."
-Lorde Edge (@elonmusk) November 6, 2021
Sen. Ron Wyden, a Democratic Senator from Oregon, criticized the move on Twitter on Sunday.
"Whether or not the world's wealthiest man pays any taxes at all shouldn't depend on the results of a Twitter poll," he said. "It's time for the Billionaires Income Tax."
Musk then fired back at Wyden, focusing on his appearance and claiming Wyden looked like he just had an orgasm.
Musk wrote: "Why does ur pp look like u just came?"
-Lorde Edge (@elonmusk) November 7, 2021
Wyden is also the chairman of the Senate Finance committee.
Musk, who has changed his name on Twitter to "Lorde Edge," added in his tweets on Saturday: "Note, I do not take a cash salary or bonus from anywhere. I only have stock, thus the only way for me to pay taxes personally is to sell stock."
- Microsoft Teams for the web gets a bunch of new features including Hindi captions and transcripts
- Byju's says Aakash acquisition on track after reports that it has failed to pay up
- 11,000 and counting — that’s how bad startup job losses are after Ola, WhiteHat Jr & 22 others cut costs
- South Indians crack the most office jokes in India, says survey
- After groceries in 10 minutes, most Indians want their shoes delivered in 2 hours