Elon Musk mocked Sam Smith's much-discussed Grammys performance, tweeting, 'If that's satan, we have nothing to worry about'
- Elon Musk mocked Sam Smith's performance at the Grammys, in which they dressed as Satan.
- Smith's appearance has been widely attacked by prominent conservatives like Marjorie Taylor Greene.
Elon Musk mocked the much-talked about performance by Sam Smith and Kim Petras at the Grammys, in which Smith dressed as the devil.
Musk commented on a video posted on Twitter of Smith and Kim Petras' performance of their award-winning single "Unholy" at the Grammys on Sunday night, calling it: "End of days vibes."
In the performance, Smith dressed like a cartoonish version of Satan, donning a top hat adorned with devil horns and a red latex outfit, while surrounded by red-robed worshippers.
In another tweet, Musk added: "If that's satan, we have nothing to worry about."
Smith's performance has attracted much attention from conservative figures including Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Donald Trump Jr., and Fox News host Tucker Carlson.
In a tweet, Taylor Greene pushed baseless conspiracy theories linked to Pfizer's sponsorship of the Grammys. Pfizer was just one of many sponsors for the event.
"The Grammy's featured Sam Smith's demonic performance and was sponsored by Pfizer," she tweeted. Taylor Greene then shared a conspiracy theory about an abortion clinic in New Mexico, adding: "American Christians need to get to work."
Ted Cruz, Republican senator for Texas, also denounced the performance as "evil" on Twitter.
In winning the 2023 Grammy for best pop duo/group performance with Smith for "Unholy," Petras became the first transgender woman to do so. Smith is non-binary, and uses they/them pronouns.
Musk hasn't shied away from sharing his opinions on big topics including LGBTQ issues, race, and transgender rights. On Monday, he called a ChatGPT response to a hypothetical scenario in which using a racial slur would save people's lives "concerning."
The chatbot had responded that it's "never morally permissible" to use a racial slur even if it would save millions of people from a nuclear bomb.
His latest tweet said: "Going forward, Twitter will be broadly accepting of different values, rather than trying to impose its own specific values on the world."
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Henkel doubles down on India as hair care market at an inflection point – to evaluate laundry segment later
- IKIO Lighting IPO opens today: 10 things to know before you subscribe
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10