Elon Musk said the Tesla Cybertruck's side mirrors will be 'easy to remove'
- Elon Musk tweeted Tuesday that Tesla's Cybertruck will have side mirrors that are easy to remove.
- The prototype Cybertruck unveiled by Musk in 2019 had no side mirrors.
Elon Musk said Tuesday that Tesla's hotly anticipated Cybertruck will come with side mirrors, but that they will be easily removable.
-Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 19, 2021
Side mirrors are a legal requirement by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), but the agency has hinted that future legislation could allow some vehicles to rely solely on cameras. The NHTSA held a public comment period in 2019 on whether cameras could replace mirrors.
The NHTSA did not immediately respond to an email sent out of hours by Insider asking how removable side mirrors fit into its rules.
The Cybertruck was supposed to start shipping this year, but in August Tesla's web page said customers would be able to order Cybertrucks "as production nears in 2022."
In July, Musk dismissed criticism of the Cybertruck's unusual design, saying he doesn't care if it flops. "Other trucks look like copies of the same thing, but Cybertruck looks like it was made by aliens from the future," said Musk.
- Adding money to your Paytm wallet can’t get easier than this
- Best smartwatches under ₹3,000 in India
- Mukesh Ambani & Anil Agarwal lose ₹1.17 lakh crore in a few hours as government slaps two different oil taxes
- OnePlus Nord 2T launch is around the corner – here’s what you can expect
- OnePlus Nord 2T Review — A balanced all rounder at an affordable price