Elon Musk says it's a 'good sign' that the founder of his first acquisition as Twitter owner is a 'notorious' trashposter
- Elon Musk often tweets out old memes and enjoys trolling people.
- Twitter acquired Laskie, a tech recruitment company, this week.
At times, he has also attempted to wade into the realm of trashposting or shitposting. That's the trollish use of absurd posts, sometimes to provoke debate or satirize, and other times just for a laugh.
Twitter's poop-emoji auto reply to journalists' enquiries is a relevant example of Musk's affinity for online trolling.
And it looks like his love of good posts has weighed into Twitter's recent purchase of Laskie, a tech recruitment company.
"Only fitting that Twitter's first acquisition in the Elon era is a company run by a notorious shitposter," Austen Allred, a tech founder, tweeted Tuesday night in reference to Laskie's founder, Chris Bakke.
"I regard that as a good sign :)," Musk replied at around 1.a.m PT.
Bakke has over 147,000 followers on Twitter and wouldn't have reached that without his so-called shitposts, which often see over a million views.
Unlike Musk's memes, they're original jokes which use absurd examples – often mockingly or just latching onto topical discussions with humor.
Bakke's pinned tweet uses a photoshopped news article about McDonald's Hamburglar to make fun of The New York Times' profile of Elizabeth Holmes, the Theranos founder sentenced to over 11 years in prison.
—Chris Bakke (@ChrisJBakke) May 9, 2023
He's also joked about Italy's now-overturned ban of ChatGPT, with a fake screenshot of the AI debasing a pasta recipe.
—Chris Bakke (@ChrisJBakke) March 31, 2023
—Chris Bakke (@ChrisJBakke) March 13, 2023
Maybe he can give Elon a posting tip or two.
Insider contacted Twitter for comment. The company responded with an automated message that didn't address the inquiry.
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life