Elon Musk says no other CEO in the world cares as much about safety as he does
Elon Musksaid he thinks that no other CEO pays as much attention to safetyas him, per the FT.
- He told the FT that he hasn't misled
Teslaowners with the company's Autopilot or Full Self-Driving.
Elon Musk said on Wednesday that he thinks that there's no other CEO in the world who pays as much attention to safety as he does, according to a Financial Times report.
It comes as Musk was crowned the FT's Person of the Year for 2021, days after Time magazine named the Tesla and SpaceX CEO as its Person of the Year for his commitment to
"Read what it says when you order a Tesla," Musk told the FT. "Read what it says when you turn it on. It's very, very clear."
Musk noted that Tesla's high safety ratings and
"I don't think there's a CEO on this planet that cares more about safety than me," he told the FT.
SpaceX has won numerous NASA contracts over the years — the biggest one so far is the lunar launch contract, which involved Musk's company beating out Jeff Bezos's Blue Origin.
Although SpaceX has mostly been in the clear over safety risks, Tesla has faced its challenges.
The electric car company's self-driving software has come under criticism for being involved in a number of car crashes. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in August opened an investigation into Tesla's driver-assist Autopilot, following 11 crashes in which Teslas struck vehicles at first-responder scenes since 2018.
Regulators and lawmakers have criticized Tesla's Autopilot feature, saying the name makes drivers think the cars are autonomous when they aren't.
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer