Elon Musk tweets 'the bird is freed' amid reports he plans to take Twitter CEO role
- Elon Musk tweeted that "the bird is freed" in an apparent reference to closing the Twitter deal.
- The billionaire closed the $44 billion deal with Twitter after months of litigation.
Elon Musk took to Twitter on Thursday night to announce that "the bird is freed," in an apparent reference to the deal he had earlier secured.
He had previously been tweeting about SpaceX's Falcon rocket but the bird reference seemed to address his purchase of Twitter for $44 billion, which came after months of litigation and debates about free speech.
Musk has already fired at least four top Twitter executives, including the company's CEO Parag Agrawal, Insider reported.
Bloomberg reported that Musk intended to step into the CEO role in Agrawal's absence, at least for an interim period.
After the interim period, the billionaire may eventually hand over the role, Bloomberg reported, citing a source familiar with the matter.
Representatives for Twitter and Elon Musk did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment made outside of normal working hours.
Taking on the role of CEO at Twitter would make the world's richest man the CEO of three companies, including Tesla and SpaceX.
Musk visited Twitter's headquarters in San Francisco this week. He entered the headquarters on Wednesday carrying a sink, posting a tweet that said "entering Twitter HQ – let that sink in!"
Musk has been meeting workers and even hosted an impromptu discussion with employees in the coffee shop, Insider reported. An all-hands meeting with Twitter employees is expected to be held on Friday.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade