Elon Musk's dad says he is proud of his son after all and that he initially said he wasn't because he misheard the interviewer's question
- In a recent interview, Elon Musk's dad, Errol, said he wasn't proud of the billionaire because their whole family has done "a lot of things for a long time."
- In an interview with The Daily Mail published Friday, Errol walked back his remarks, saying he actually is proud of Elon.
Elon Musk's dad says he is, in fact, proud of his son, despite his previous claim to the contrary.
Errol responded, "No, well, you know, I mean, we are a family that have been doing a lot of things for a long time. It's not as though we suddenly started doing something."
Errol went on to say Kimbal, Elon's younger brother, is his "pride and joy," though he added, "But Elon has in fact sort of really surpassed the mark."
In a new interview, which The Daily Mail published Friday, Errol said the only reason he initially said he wasn't proud of Elon was because he misheard the question.
"I didn't actually notice her question about being proud. I thought she asked, 'Were you expecting this coming?'" Errol told The Daily Mail.
"It was a bit more confusing because the other chap (Kyle), who was a nice fellow, was laughing a lot so I never quite picked up what she (Jackie O) was saying while I was talking," he continued, referring to the TV show's hosts. "It was only when I listened to the recording afterwards that I realized."
Errol clarified that he is proud of Elon, saying, "If you ask any parent if they are proud of their son, you are proud of them from the day they are born."
In his interview with The Daily Mail, Errol also said Elon had texted to ask him to "keep quiet" after the previous interview. Errol has made headlines in recent weeks for his remarks in several interviews, including his revelation that he's had a second child with his 35-year-old stepdaughter. The elder Musk has also said he's been asked to donate his sperm to create more people like Elon.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared