Facebook axed South American pages and groups promoting bleach as a COVID-19 cure after an Insider investigation
- Facebook shut down a group hyping bleach as a COVID-19 cure in South America.
- The action came after Insider flagged the groups promoting
- Public health bodies have warned repeatedly against taking the substance.
Facebook has removed pages and groups associated with a controversial group of medics promoting chlorine dioxide, a type of toxic bleach, as a COVID-19 treatment, following an Insider investigation.
Insider found that a large network of groups associated with
The action came after Insider flagged the pages to Facebook as part of an investigation into the surge in popularity of chlorine dioxide in South America.Advocates have managed to promote the subtance on social media despite warnings from public health bodies including the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' is effective against double mutant strain found in India, says ICMR