Facebook Portal device gets Zoom, BlueJeans and Webex apps
- BlueJeans, GoToMeeting, Webex and
Zoomwill be available on Portal Mini, Portal and Portal+ devices in September, with plans to add support for Portal TVin the future.
- One can choose to set a 4-12-digit screen lock passcode on Portal to control access to the device.
Facebook on Wednesday announced a partnership with leading
BlueJeans, GoToMeeting, Webex and Zoom will be available on Portal Mini, Portal and Portal+ devices in September, with plans to add support for Portal TV in the future.
"Whether you're meeting one-on-one with a colleague or joining up to 1,000 participants, Portal helps you get more out of your meetings," Facebook said in a statement.
Facebook's collaboration tool Workplace is already available on Portal devices and the company now announced backgrounds for your video calls to eliminate distractions in the workspace.
"We're also adding a way for you to use Portal as a dedicated work device for calling co-workers and participating in meetings. Instead of logging into Portal with Facebook or
One can choose to set a 4-12-digit screen lock passcode on Portal to control access to the device.
"To help keep your meetings secure, Workplace on Portal requires a local PIN code before accessing your meetings and calendar information, which the GoToMeeting and Zoom apps on Portal will also support," Facebook said.
With Reliance buying Netmeds and PharmEasy merging with MedLife, Amazon and Flipkart are in for a tougher competition than they would like
A car-size asteroid flew within 1,830 miles of Earth over the weekend — the closest pass ever — and we didn't see it coming
Google, Microsoft, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Ericsson and other companies hiring software engineers in India right now
Popular on BI
- Greater risk of rupee weakness; RBI could press hard on brakes: Moody's
- California reports over 120,000 power outages after heavy rain, hurricane
- Honda to hike Amaze prices up to ₹12,000 from April to offset high input costs
- Tips to identify and avoid fake ChatGPT extensions on Google Chrome
- Logitech lays off 300 employees as computer accessories sales drop