Facebook will require all US employees wear masks on its office campuses, even if they're fully vaccinated
- Facebook's US employees will have to wear
masksin offices from Wednesday onwards.
- The mask policy applied to all employees, including fully vaccinated people,
- Facebook on Thursday told staff that they must be fully vaccinated before they return to the office.
Facebook on Monday announced it would require all US employees to wear masks on the company's office campuses, even if they're fully vaccinated against
The new policy will start on Wednesday and remain until further notice. "The health and safety of our employees and neighbors in the community remains our top priority," a spokesperson for the company told Insider in a statement.
"Given the rising numbers of COVID cases, the newest data on COVID variants, and an increasing number of local requirements, we are reinstating our mask requirement in all of Facebook's U.S. offices, regardless of an employee's vaccination status," the spokesperson said.
The mask policy comes the week after the social-media giant announced that staff coming into US offices must be fully vaccinated.
It was prompted by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) updated guidelines, which recommended vaccinated people wear masks indoors because they still transmit the
Insider asked Facebook for comment, but did not immediately receive a response.
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks