Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Snapchat introduce new features to track live event updates
Snapchathas daily shows for the latest updates.
Facebook has a dedicated Tokyo 2020 Olympics hub that features highlights from official Olympic broadcast partners, team and athlete overviews. It will also showcase explainers of competitions that are new to the Olympic Games. Facebook will also feature Olympic related posts from friends on this hub. The Facebook Olympics hub can be accessed through this link, or through the hashtags #Olympics and #Tokyo2020.
AdvertisementOn Instagram, Facebook has introduced AR effects for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. There’s one AR effect that lets fans attempt to mirror the movements of Miraitowa, the official Olympics mascot. Based on the performances, users can earn AR medals through this filter. The other AR effect features the official beat music of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. These AR effects are available on the official Olympics Instagram and Tokyo 2020 Instagram accounts. The official Instagram account will also showcase behind the scenes with eleven Olympians on Reels.
WhatsApp has a dedicated Olympics chatbot built on the WhatsApp Business API. WhatsApp users can connect with the chatbot to get the latest news on the Olympic Games. This includes information like the schedule, medal standings, highlights, and local broadcasts. The WhatsApp Olympics chatbot also has official stickers that can be collected by taking part in a quiz via the chatbot.
Snapchat can get the latest updates from the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The IOC has a daily “Olympics Highlights” show in India which features the key moments of the Olympic Games. There’s another show called “Best of Olympics” which covers the top athletes and stories of the past editions of the Olympics. These shows can be found in the Discover section of the Snapchat app. Snapchat has also launched a ‘Train like an Olympian’ AR lens featuring a set of three exercises that users have to complete before time runs out.
Mary Kom enters Olympic pre-quarters, outwits spirited Garcia from Dominica
Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu wins opening match against Ksenia Polikarpova
Popular on BI
- OnePlus blames voltage fluctuation after a user reports Nord 2 charger explosion
- Dropbox's billionaire founder Drew Houston says the 40-hour office week is a thing of the past and the pandemic has changed work forever
- Facebook pumping $50 million into its metaverse project is another sign that Zuckerberg doesn’t want to miss the crypto bus
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns