Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
According to data provided by
While year over year growth in spending will return to pre-pandemic levels over the next five years, gross revenue on both app stores will continue to climb each year with a 19.5 per cent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $270 billion in 2025.
The App Store will see a CAGR of 21 per cent through 2025, reaching $185 billion annually. Consumer spending on Google Play is projected to experience a 17 per cent CAGR, hitting $85 billion annually within the next five years.
Consumer spending in the US will grow at a slightly
First-time downloads achieved their highest growth since at least 2016 in 2020, surging 24 per cent y/y to 143 billion. Although the pace of installs will slow as markets begin recovering from the pandemic, both the App Store and Google Play will continue experiencing stable y/y growth.
By 2025, non-game apps will widen their lead even more, reaching $107 billion while mobile games will reach $78 billion.
If you want to work from home, these are some of the hottest freelancing jobs in high demand
Owning an electric two-wheeler is slightly cheaper cheaper than petrol and diesel at a time when fuel prices are at a record high
India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
Popular on BI
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Govt asked Twitter to block advocacy groups, journalists, and farm protest supporters
- Indian power crisis is far from over as global coal prices surge
- 200 Indian companies register for extended producer responsibility for plastic packaging
- Tata Steel, Bajaj Auto, Bank of Baroda among stocks to watch out for on June 28
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India