Google employees are told to expect to work from home for the rest of the year, but a select few will be allowed to return to offices as soon as June
- The company had already extended work-from-home until June 1, but it sounds like Google's workforce could be working remotely for many months to come.
- The news comes the same day that Facebook told employees they could work from home for the rest of the year.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Sundar Pichai, the CEO of Google-parent company
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Google last month told employees that it was extending work-from-home to June 1, and planned to "stagger" a return to the office. However, it now looks like most of Google's workforce will be operating remotely for quite some time to come.A Google spokesperson did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
Do you work at Google? Contact this reporter using encrypted messaging app Signal (+1 628-228-1836) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).Read the original article on Business Insider
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them