Google Maps can now show New Yorkers how busy individual subway cars are so they can avoid crowds of people in the pandemic
Google Mapsis trialling a new feature which tells users which transit cars are the busiest.
- The feature is currently only available in New York and Sydney, Google said in a product update.
- It comes as Google expands its live crowd prediction feature to more than 100 countries.
Google on Wednesday announced in a product update that it's trialling a new feature which allows users to see live crowd data on each transit car so they can sit in a less crowded space.
Users can check how crowded each transit
The new feature comes as Google announced it's expanding the live crowdedness predictions to more than 10,000 transit agencies in over 100 countries.
This gives users real-time predictions on how many seats are free on a train, bus, or subway. On the app, users can see a description of whether the line is "busier than usual" or "not too busy."
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter