Google outage affects thousands of users, people start complaining on Twitter
- Users reported seeing a 502 error while trying to use the search engine.
- The cause for the outage is not known at the moment.
According to Down Detector, a popular website that tracks the status of services, thousands of users today reported that the Google Search engine was down.
Is Google down for anyone else? I’d Google it, but ya know… #GoogleDown https://t.co/9rbvUWNhuN— Jakey jake (@win_win_2022) 1660017090000
Users reported seeing a 502 error while trying to search something. "502. That's an error. The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request. Please try again in 30 seconds. That's all we know," the error message read.
Some users also reported a different error message. "We are sorry but it appears that there has been an internal server error while processing your request. Our engineers have been notified and are working to resolve the issue. Please try again later."
People have taken to social media platforms like Twitter to talk about the outage, joking that where should they search for information.
How am I supposed to Google “Is Google down” when Google is down?!? #google— Amber Kelsey (@AmberKelseyy) 1660009118000
#googledown https://t.co/oXmBsZ5tLQ https://t.co/avhPAnpeUg— Neila (@NeilaSpace) 1660012175000
Me switching to twitter after experiencing error 500 in google#Google #googledown https://t.co/hu4TMsB2K5— 1038 (@remier_acbang) 1660009494000
At the moment, the reason for the outage is not known. A report by SFGATE has revealed that a “large explosion” has been reported at a Google Data Center in Iowa. The explosion injured three workers at the center and could be the reason for the outage across the world.
“We are aware of an electrical incident that took place today at Google’s data center in Council Bluffs, Iowa, injuring three people onsite who are now being treated,” a Google spokesperson said in a statement to SFGATE.
Indian government is reportedly planning on restricting Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and Oppo from the budget smartphone segment
Ola Electric may finally introduce its first electric car on August 15
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman reveals government is investigating multiple Chinese smartphone makers for tax evasion
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x