Google reportedly sent its Bangalore office employees home to work remotely after a worker there tested positive for COVID-19 and was put in quarantine
- A Google employee based in Bangalore has tested positive for the coronavirus and is now in quarantine, CNBC reported Thursday.
- Google and property managers at the surrounding office park told employees to go home and work remotely, according to CNBC.
- In late February, a Google Zurich employee tested positive for the disease, leading the company to halt international travel, as first reported by Business Insider.
- The company also recommended all North America employees work remotely in an effort to limit the spread of the virus.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Google, as well as the property managers of other buildings in the surrounding office park, instructed employees there to go home immediately and continue working remotely, according to CNBC.
In an email to employees, Google said the individual had contracted the disease while traveling overseas and had been in the office Monday, but was initially asymptomatic and had passed temperature screenings, CNBC reported.The earliest known case of a Googler testing positive for COVID-19 was first reported at the end of February by Business Insider. Shortly after, the company restricted all international employee travel in an effort to slow the spread of the virus, also first reported by Business Insider.
Earlier this week, Google advised all employees based in North America that they should work from home if possible, joining other companies in taking more aggressive measures to protect employees and communities as the outbreak worsens.Google did not immediately return a request for comment.Get the latest Google stock price here.Advertisement
- CBSE and IBM's Artificial Intelligence curriculum set to be introduced in 200 schools in India
- Google, Facebook investing in Jio shows both see value, opportunities to co-exist: Report
- Easy ways to check your bank account balance on your phone
- Simple steps to run zoom meeting app on your laptop or phone
- India to resume international flights to US, France but only through 'air bubbles'