Google said to rival Apple’s privacy push with Android 12 while taking care of its advertising business
privacycontrol with Android 12.
- The new announcements will take place at the Google I/O 2021 developer conference.
- Android 12 is said to come with a new layout screen for easier privacy control.
Google has worked aggressively towards fixing Android's privacy and security and it has improved hugely over the years. Now, at its annual developer conference -- Google I/O, the company is set to take another step towards making it easier to control privacy settings on a mobile phone. The new update is said to bring a more sorted layout where users can restrict apps’ abilities to access the phone’s camera, location and other permissions.
View all Offers
View all Offers
Redmi Note 10T 5G (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | Dual5G | 90Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate | MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm Processor₹ 14499₹ 18999Buy On
- 28% OFF
OPPO A31 (Mystery Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 11490₹ 15990Buy On
OnePlus Nord CE 5G (Charcoal Ink, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 24999₹ 24999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 Power (Mighty Black 4GB RAM 64GB Storage) - 6000mAh Battery |FHD+ Screen | 48MP Quad Camera | Alexa Hands-Free Capable₹ 11499₹ 13999Buy On
- 17% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition (Arctic Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | FHD+ sAMOLED | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime (SM-M215GLBDINS)₹ 11999₹ 14499Buy On
This comes after
As mentioned, Google has increased the level of control over privacy, but that has made the settings a bit too cluttered and confusing for most users. The same report mentions that in Android 12, things will be getting a bit easy to control. XDA says that it's the same privacy dashboard that was leaked previously, which will essentially bring the existing privacy control settings to one place in a less scattered layout for easy control.
Additionally, Android 12 is also said to bring indicators when there are apps using the phone's camera or mic like how it does for location access. These indicators are also inspired by iOS.
The Google I/O conference will kick off in just a few hours from now, and our eyes are stuck right on the clock to get going as the conference starts. We'll bring more interesting news from the event, so stay tuned to Business Insider India.
AdvertisementAirtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
PUBG Mobile: Battlegrounds Mobile India pre-registrations to begin on May 18 – rewards, maps and more
Popular on BI
- Best coffee and tea mugs for your office or home
- WHO may approve Bharat Biotech's Covaxin 'within 24 hours' for emergency use, according to media reports
- Axis Bank posts highest ever quarterly net profit that grew 86% on year
- Pitch your startup ideas at IIT Bombay’s business model competition Eureka! — Here’s how you can apply
- Fino Payments Bank will be the first fintech startup in India to get listed on the bourses and it is profitable