Google said to rival Apple’s privacy push with Android 12 while taking care of its advertising business
privacycontrol with Android 12.
- The new announcements will take place at the Google I/O 2021 developer conference.
- Android 12 is said to come with a new layout screen for easier privacy control.
AdvertisementGoogle has worked aggressively towards fixing Android's privacy and security and it has improved hugely over the years. Now, at its annual developer conference -- Google I/O, the company is set to take another step towards making it easier to control privacy settings on a mobile phone. The new update is said to bring a more sorted layout where users can restrict apps’ abilities to access the phone’s camera, location and other permissions.
This comes after
As mentioned, Google has increased the level of control over privacy, but that has made the settings a bit too cluttered and confusing for most users. The same report mentions that in Android 12, things will be getting a bit easy to control. XDA says that it's the same privacy dashboard that was leaked previously, which will essentially bring the existing privacy control settings to one place in a less scattered layout for easy control.
Connect & network with business leaders and visionaries.March 17th 2023 We Work - BKC, MumbaiRegister Now
Global CPO, Tech Mahindra
Head - DEI, Axis Bank
Co-Founder, Good Glam Group
Influencer, Podcaster, Entrepreneur
Dr C Jayakumar
Exec VP & CHRO, L&T
CEO, WeWork India
Additionally, Android 12 is also said to bring indicators when there are apps using the phone's camera or mic like how it does for location access. These indicators are also inspired by iOS.
The Google I/O conference will kick off in just a few hours from now, and our eyes are stuck right on the clock to get going as the conference starts. We'll bring more interesting news from the event, so stay tuned to Business Insider India.
Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
PUBG Mobile: Battlegrounds Mobile India pre-registrations to begin on May 18 – rewards, maps and more
Popular on BI
- The college student who tracks Elon Musk's private jet says the Tesla CEO only seems to care about tracking planes if it affects him
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- How to file a consumer complaint against a company using WhatsApp
- IIT Madras team develops novel database on Covid antibodies
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- New CEO of TCS Krithivasan gets a thumbs up from analysts who are betting on his experience & leadership skills
- Indian metal stocks become attractive after massive underperformance and signs of recovery in China, says Jefferies