Google said to rival Apple’s privacy push with Android 12 while taking care of its advertising business
privacycontrol with Android 12.
- The new announcements will take place at the Google I/O 2021 developer conference.
- Android 12 is said to come with a new layout screen for easier privacy control.
AdvertisementGoogle has worked aggressively towards fixing Android's privacy and security and it has improved hugely over the years. Now, at its annual developer conference -- Google I/O, the company is set to take another step towards making it easier to control privacy settings on a mobile phone. The new update is said to bring a more sorted layout where users can restrict apps’ abilities to access the phone’s camera, location and other permissions.
This comes after
As mentioned, Google has increased the level of control over privacy, but that has made the settings a bit too cluttered and confusing for most users. The same report mentions that in Android 12, things will be getting a bit easy to control. XDA says that it's the same privacy dashboard that was leaked previously, which will essentially bring the existing privacy control settings to one place in a less scattered layout for easy control.
Additionally, Android 12 is also said to bring indicators when there are apps using the phone's camera or mic like how it does for location access. These indicators are also inspired by iOS.
The Google I/O conference will kick off in just a few hours from now, and our eyes are stuck right on the clock to get going as the conference starts. We'll bring more interesting news from the event, so stay tuned to Business Insider India.
Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
PUBG Mobile: Battlegrounds Mobile India pre-registrations to begin on May 18 – rewards, maps and more
Popular on BI
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- The rally in stocks will trick investors into thinking the bear market is over, but there's still a case for the S&P 500 to fall another 26% next year, Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson says
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry