Here are the first 10 things you should do on your brand new Samsung Galaxy S20 phone
Antonio Villas-Boas/Business Insider
- I tweaked 10 different things on the stock Galaxy S20 to make the phone look and work better.
- Out of the box, Samsung's default settings don't take full advantage of its own capabilities, like the super smooth 120Hz screen.
- Many of these tweaks are aesthetic, so pick out the ones you like.
- Others are functional and can give you a better experience with the Galaxy S20.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
One of the things I love about Android phones is how much control you get over finer settings to make the phone look and feel the way you want it to.
Out of the box, the Samsung Galaxy S20 is a great smartphone, but it's not the greatest it could be. Surprisingly, some of Samsung's default settings don't make the most of some of the device's hardware, like its new 120Hz screen. That's one of the first few things you should change.
Otherwise, there are a bunch of little tweaks you can make to make the Galaxy S20 your phone and work the way you like it.
Check out the first 10 things I did when I received the Galaxy S20 Ultra review unit, and note that all these tweaks are available on all Galaxy S20 models:
The Galaxy S20 has a sharp WQHD 1440p display, but it's set to FHD 1080p by default. Don't change that — it's better for your battery life, and FHD still looks great.
The Galaxy S20's screen is also capable of giving you a smoother experience while you swipe around the phone. You have to actively enable that feature.
Turn on Dark Mode to give your Galaxy S20 a sleeker look. It's also easier on the eyes at night.
Use the latest Android navigation mode with swipes instead of the traditional buttons on the bottom of the screen. Not only are they more useful, but it gives your phone a cleaner look, too.
Swipe down from anywhere on the home screen to pull down the notifications shade.
Change the way Samsung's One UI interface looks to make it less cartoon-y.
Change the way the edge lighting looks and works on the Galaxy S20.
Set the side button to do something useful for you.
Change the keyboard to Google's Gboard.
Make the Galaxy S20 feel faster.
- The sure shot ‘signs’ of a successful entrepreneur
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16