Here's why you should opt for Apple's regular AirPods over the new $250 AirPods Pro
- Apple announced new AirPods Pro, which will cost nearly $100 more than regular AirPods.
- They will go on sale October 30, and cost $250.
- The new AirPods come with some features buyers have long been waiting for, like noise-cancellation, but regular AirPods are still the smarter buy.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple announced AirPods Pro on Monday, which will go on sale for $250 on October 30.
The new AirPods come with upgrades including noise-cancellation and water-resistance, features Apple fans have been asking for and other brands have incorporated into wireless headphones. They come in a wireless charging case and cost nearly $100 more than regular AirPods, which retail for $159.
Despite the upgrades, regular AirPods are still a smart buy. You'll get similar battery life and a more aesthetically appealing case, and wired charging is usually faster, anyway.
Here are the reasons you should stick with regular AirPods.
Regular AirPods will save you as much as $90.
Wireless charging isn't that great, at least not yet.
Regular AirPods have better battery life.
The AirPods Pro case is bigger and bulkier.
Final thoughts: Go for AirPods Pro if you have money to burn — otherwise, regular AirPods are still a solid choice.
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- 10 Simple dietary changes to prevent heart disease
- The sure shot ‘signs’ of a successful entrepreneur
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November