How one company is turning used chopsticks into furniture, shelves, and countertops
- People around the world use an estimated 80 billion pairs of disposable chopsticks every year.
- ChopValue is a Canadian company that collects used chopsticks and turns them into a variety of products like furniture and countertops.
- We visited ChopValue's "micro-factory" to see how workers pulverize chopsticks and turn them into something new.
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala