How to decide between Disney Plus and Netflix
- Today, Disney released its long-anticipated streaming service, Disney Plus.
- With Disney titles removed from other streaming services, you might be wondering how Disney Plus compares to other options on the market.
- Here's how Disney Plus stands in comparison to Netflix.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Disney Plus was just released this morning, and it has already received a lot of buzz. Many have already signed up, or got a free month through Verizon.If you're thinking about buying Disney Plus, you're probably wondering if that means you should cancel your Netflix subscription. Here, we compared all the major factors to help you decide:Advertisement
Disney Plus costs $7 per month, or $70 for the year.
In comparison, Netflix costs $9 per month for a basic plan with one device streaming at a time, or up to $16 per month for 4 screens at a time.Advertisement
Netflix allows you to create up to 5 individual profiles, which allow personalized recommendations and watchlists separate from other users on the account.
Disney Plus allows up to 7 profiles.Advertisement
Opening Disney Plus, you'll see a particular show highlighted at the top, with tabs of different brands, plus rows of recommendations and categories.
Netflix has a very similar homepage, highlighting a Netflix original at the top with other categories as you scroll lower.Advertisement
One minor difference in user experience is that Disney Plus doesn't automatically start playing a title if you stay on it for more than a few seconds, something Netflix does.
In Disney Plus, the controls lets viewers skip foreword or backwards by 10 seconds, pause, adjust volume, and make the video fullscreen.Advertisement
Netflix gives more options. In addition to the buttons that Disney Plus has, Netflix lets you jump to the next episode, or read information about any episode.
Disney Plus will drop new episodes of original shows, like "The Mandalorian," on a traditional weekly schedule.Advertisement
Netflix usually releases new original shows in batches, dropping a full season at a time.
In its first year, Disney Plus will have 500 movies and 7,500 TV episodes, compared to Netflix's 4,000 movies and 47,000 TV episodes.Advertisement
But, Disney Plus may win out with more desirable titles and less filler content than Netflix.
You can try Disney Plus for 7 days free, and Netflix for 30 days.Advertisement
- Best fitness bands in India to stay on top of your health
- Best budget Smart TV in India
- Best camera tripods for photography enthusiasts and learners
- Jupiter's mushball ammonia rain could explain the mystery behind shallow lightning storms in its atmosphere
- Global changes in land use is increasing the possibility of COVID-19 like outbreak, says a study