How to delete Google account from your phone
- Removing a Google account from your Android or iOS device may streamline things, but this can result in a loss of data.
- Removing a Google account usually only takes a few taps.
- Find detailed steps on how to remove a Gmail account from Android and iOS below.
AdvertisementWe have been through that phase where we login to our Google account into multiple devices, be it Android or iOS devices. However, to ensure your account is safe and not compromised, you should remove your Google account from other devices after you are done using them.
It is worth noting that logging out of your account can result in the removal of your account-related data and any contacts you might have stored on those accounts. That data will still remain in your Google account, but won’t be available on the device after you remove the account.
Here's how to remove a Google account for those with an Android or iOS device.
How to remove Gmail account from mobile (Android)
- Open ‘Settings’ on your Android device.
- Search for ‘Accounts’ or ‘Users & accounts’.
- Tap on ‘Accounts’ or ‘Users & accounts’ and you will see a list of Google accounts.
- Tap on the Google account that you want to delete.
- Now a new window will appear, tap on three dots that appear in the top right corner.
- Once opened, click on ‘Remove account.’
How to remove Gmail account from mobile (iOS)
- Open the Gmail app on the top right corner you will see an account that’s signed in.
- Tap on it and then open ‘Manage accounts on this device.’
- Now tap on ‘Remove from this device’ in the window that pops up.
Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet America edition unveiled – check out features and specifications in pictures
A US recession could provide Indian economy the relief it needs
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol