How to delete Google account from your phone
- Removing a Google account from your Android or iOS device may streamline things, but this can result in a loss of data.
- Removing a Google account usually only takes a few taps.
- Find detailed steps on how to remove a Gmail account from Android and iOS below.
AdvertisementWe have been through that phase where we login to our Google account into multiple devices, be it Android or iOS devices. However, to ensure your account is safe and not compromised, you should remove your Google account from other devices after you are done using them.
It is worth noting that logging out of your account can result in the removal of your account-related data and any contacts you might have stored on those accounts. That data will still remain in your Google account, but won’t be available on the device after you remove the account.
Here's how to remove a Google account for those with an Android or iOS device.
How to remove Gmail account from mobile (Android)
- Open ‘Settings’ on your Android device.
- Search for ‘Accounts’ or ‘Users & accounts’.
- Tap on ‘Accounts’ or ‘Users & accounts’ and you will see a list of Google accounts.
- Tap on the Google account that you want to delete.
- Now a new window will appear, tap on three dots that appear in the top right corner.
- Once opened, click on ‘Remove account.’
How to remove Gmail account from mobile (iOS)
- Open the Gmail app on the top right corner you will see an account that’s signed in.
- Tap on it and then open ‘Manage accounts on this device.’
- Now tap on ‘Remove from this device’ in the window that pops up.
Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet America edition unveiled – check out features and specifications in pictures
A US recession could provide Indian economy the relief it needs
Popular on BI
- Most secluded places in India to visit in 2023
- Relieve constipation naturally with Indian foods: A guide to digestive health
- Less than half of JSW Infrastructure’s IPO subscribed on day 1
- Big unlisted companies may come under tighter regulatory norms
- IndianOil unveils India's first green hydrogen-run bus that emits just water