How to ensure your Facebook photos remain safe
Posting photos is an easy way to share memories with friends and family. However, there have been several instances where photos posted on social media have been misused.
In this post, we will talk about some of the things you need to do to make sure that your photos on Facebook are safe.
How to keep your photos safe on Facebook
Be careful about whom you add as friends
The very first thing that you need to do is make sure that you are not adding strangers on Facebook. Before accepting a friend request, make sure you know who the person is and if you have any mutual friends, talk to these friends before accepting the request.
To make sure that you only share things with your friends and family, make sure you have not added strangers on Facebook. Go to your profile and click on the ‘Friends’ tab. Now, If you find someone that you do not know, unfriend them by going to their profile.
Protect your profile picture
Facebook has an option called profile picture guard that stops others from downloading your profile picture.
- Open your Facebook profile.
- Now, click on your current profile picture.
- At the bottom of the pic, click on ‘Options’.
- Now, click on ‘Turn on the profile picture guard’.
Facebook allows you to select who you share information with. You can change this option while posting an update on the platform.
- Click on the ‘Write something here’ box on the home page.
- At the bottom right corner, click on the ‘Who should see this’ box.
- Now, select from ‘Public’, ‘Friends’, ‘Friends except’, ‘Specific friends’ and ‘Only me’.
- It is recommended that you select the ‘Friends’ option here.
You can also change the privacy settings of the photos that you may have shared earlier.
- Go to your profile page.
- Click on ‘Photos’ in the left sidebar.
- Now, click on ‘Albums’.
- Select an album and click on ‘Edit album’.
- At the bottom, click on the privacy button and change the audience to ‘Friends’.
When someone tags you in a photo, all your friends can see the post. You can review these pictures before they are added to your timeline.
- Go to Facebook’s privacy settings from your homepage.
- Now, click on ‘Timeline and tagging.
- Now, you can review who sees the posts that you are tagged in.
- We recommend you change these settings to ‘Friends’.
Here’s how to know if someone has blocked you on Facebook
How to know if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp