How to go full screen in almost any app on a Mac, so you can focus and block out distractions
- You can make almost any program go full screen on a Mac to help you focus on what's in front of you.
- On Mac computers, there are even keyboard shortcuts you can use to turn full screen on and off for whatever app you're using.
- Here's how to go full screen in an app on your Mac, and how to get out of full screen mode.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
When you have a lot going on, getting yourself to focus on what's most important can be difficult. That's why there are so many articles floating around the internet about how to prioritize tasks, like turning off your Wi-Fi while you write or taking regular breaks.When it comes to your Mac computer, the same sort of ultra-focus can be achieved by using the full screen feature in whatever app you're working in. And it's extremely easy to go full screen - and exit it later - once you know how.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to go full screen on a MacThere are a few ways to get this done once you've opened the app you want to view in full screen mode:
- Click the green button in the top-left corner of the window.
William Antonelli/Business Insider
- Press Control + Command + F.
- If your volume controls aren't bound to it, press F11.
- Press Control + Command + F again.
- Move your cursor up to the top of the screen, and when the top toolbar appears, click the green button in the top-left corner.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Insider receives a commission when you buy through our links.
- Sonu Sood to launch blood bank app to connect donors with those in urgent need of blood
- India has the third highest number of women in senior management positions globally, according to Grant Thornton
- RIL, banks lift Sensex 1100 points higher, Nifty tops 15,200 mark
- Gujarat's annual budget for the next financial year has a surplus of ₹588 crore
- COVID-19 vaccine doses will available around the clock in India