How to install iOS 16 and customize your lock screen on iPhone
- Apple has released the iOS 16 beta for developers, allowing them to test out new features.
- Apart from a slew of new features, Apple has also introduced additional customisation options in iOS 16.
- Here’s how to download and install iOS 16 to customize the
lock screen on iPhone.
AdvertisementApple unveiled its much-awaited iOS 16 at its Worldwide Developer Conference 2022. The iOS 16 brings a bunch of exciting new features like iCloud Shared Photo Library, customizable lock screen, updated Fitness app and Wallet app, Live Text and much more.
However, Apple has dropped iOS 16 support for some devices like iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. Also, some of the iOS 16 features will be limited to only a few iPhones including iPhone Xs, Xr and later.
Before you begin, remember iOS 16 is supported on iPhone 8 or a later version. iOS 16 developer beta version can be buggy so before proceeding make sure you backup all your data to iCloud. Also using an alternative device for installing iOS 16 would be best.
To get access to developer beta versions you must have Apple’s developer account. It will cost you $99 (₹7,698) yearly.
If you are eager to try the iOS 16 developer beta on your iPhone, here’s how to do it.
- Open ‘Safari’ and go to ‘developer.apple.com.’
- Sign in to your developer account with your Apple ID.
- Once signed in, go to the iOS 16 beta section and tap on Install Profile.
- A popup will appear saying the website is trying to open settings.
- Click on ‘Allow and Close’, and iOS developer beta software will start downloading on your
- Once downloaded, open Settings and you will see the Profile Downloaded tab.
- Tap on Profile Downloaded and then tap Install.
- Once installed, tap on Restart to see changes.
- Wake your screen then tap and hold the lock screen to open the Add button.
- Then tap on the Add button to add new wallpaper and when done tap on Done.
Besides changing the wallpaper, you can also add widgets.
- To do so, tap and hold the lock screen then tap on Customise.
- Now, tap on the top or lower row to add the widgets.
- Once done tap anywhere on the screen to close and see the changes.
- Tap and hold the lock screen and then tap on ‘Customise’.
- Now tap on the clock and customize the Font & Colour according to your preference.
- Once completed, tap on Done.
These iOS 16 features will be limited to only a few iPhones – check the details here
Apple brings a new lock screen experience in iOS 16 with new widgets, revamped notifications and more
Popular on BI
- Strong bank loan growth in FY23 despite higher interest rates: Fitch
- Startups are leading office real estate leasing in India: JLL
- Domestic air passenger traffic crosses 4-lakh mark for two straight days
- S&P cuts India's growth forecast to 7% for FY23
- Digital lending platforms see 3x year-on-year rise in disbursals to ₹14,016 crore in Q2 FY23