How to sell items on eBay and make extra money off of things you no longer need
- You can sell your unwanted items on eBay in a few simple steps.
- You can sell items on eBay either via an auction to the highest bidder or by setting a static "Buy It Now" price.
- eBay charges fees based on a percentage of the sale price for every item you sell.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Many of us are guilty of buying way too much stuff that we never end up using. While it's great to donate unwanted clothes, shoes, and other items to charities when possible, for items that are newer or of higher value, it might be worth making a few extra bucks by listing them for sale on eBay.
Listing items for sale on the site is a relatively straightforward process and you have the option of sending your stuff to auction, where it will sell to the highest bidder, or setting a static "Buy It Now" price where buyers must pay that set amount to purchase your item.
Here's how to get started so you can start raking in some extra cash.
How to sell items on eBay by listing them on the site
2. Click "Sell" in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
3. On the next page, begin by entering information on the item you're selling. This will help eBay determine which category your item should be listed in.
4. Click on the suggested category that most fits the item you're selling. You will then be taken to the listing page.
5. Under "Listing details," enter as much information about your item as possible, from size to color to condition. You should also upload as many detailed photos of your item as possible on this screen. Note that while not all categories are mandatory, those that are are are marked with an asterisk ("*") symbol.
6. When you've added all the details about your item, click "List item."
Your item will then be listed for sale on the eBay site.