How to share your screen on Google Hangouts, and make your next meeting more efficient
Rafael Henrique/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images
- You can easily share your screen on Google Hangouts to more effectively communicate information and, in some cases, even shorten the length of meetings.
- Sharing your screen on Google Hangouts can also make giving presentations easier, even if everyone isn't in the same room.
- In Google Hangouts, you can choose to either show your entire screen or only show individual windows that you have open on your computer.
- Here's what you need to do to share your screen within Google Hangouts.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
When you're hosting a video chat, sometimes it's useful or easier to simply let the other person see your screen, or a specific window you're viewing, like a presentation.Rather than having to explain something, which may be difficult to put into words, you can provide a visual that makes it easier to understand. Advertisement
Here's how to use it:
How to share your screen on Google HangoutsOnce you're in a Hangout, it's relatively easy to share your screen, and the process should only take you a few seconds to complete:
1. Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.2. Select "Share Screen."Advertisement
3. Click on how you want to share your screen - you can either share the entire screen, which is the default option, or you can toggle over to the application window section of the pop-up to select individual windows to share with video participants.Advertisement
4. Click "Share."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- PTI tally of COVID-19 cases and deaths in India at 6:55pm
- 10 new COVID-19 cases in Himachal, tally 234
- COVID-19 tally breaches 4,000-mark in Bengal with 193 new cases
- 67 fresh cases in Kerala, over 1 lakh people under observation
- No major side-effects of HCQ, should be continued as preventive treatment for COVID-19: ICMR