Step-by-Step Guide: How to Get Verified on Facebook and Instagram with Meta Verified in India
Image credits- Canva
- Meta is testing its 'verified' subscription service, similar to
Twitter Blue, for
- Interested users are being asked to join a waitlist.
- Here’s how you can join the waiting list and get verified.
AdvertisementMeta has started testing its verification service in India, which means you can now join the waitlist to get a
Mark Zuckerberg announced the launch of Meta Verified in February to increase authenticity and security across Meta services. The service was first launched in Australia and New Zealand and was later rolled out in the US after good results from early testing.
What Meta verified badge offers
Mark Zuckerberg said that Meta Verified aims to improve its services' authenticity and security. Subscribing to Meta Verified will give you a verified badge, and Meta will protect your account from impersonation attempts. This means that if anyone tries to impersonate you, Meta will take action to stop them. As a subscriber, you can access real customer support instead of a bot. You can contact Meta for assistance if you can't see a user's profile picture. Moreover, Meta claims that paying the monthly fees will increase your visibility and expand your reach. Your content will appear more frequently in people's feeds, search results, and comments.
New users who sign up will also receive exclusive stickers and 100 free monthly stars, the digital currency used on Meta.
How to subscribe to Meta Verified
Users must join the waitlist to subscribe to Meta Verified and fulfill specific criteria. They should have prior experience using Facebook or Instagram, be 18 years old or older, and provide a government-issued ID that displays their name and photo, which matches the name and photo on their Facebook or Instagram account.
To do so, follow the given steps-
- Click here, and a page will pop up, giving you two options, Facebook and Instagram.
- Click on Facebook, and a check box asks you to ‘join the waiting list.’
- Click on ‘Join waiting list,’ and you are done.
- Once you receive an invite, follow the steps to get verified on Facebook.
Music to help focus, home design & many tasks that AI can help with
ChatGPT just got more accessible: Here’s how you can open the AI Chatbot directly from Mac's menu bar
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns