How to update your Chromebook to get the latest features and keep it secure
- You can update your Chromebook by going through the About Chrome OS menu.
- Keeping your Chromebook updated is a vital part of keeping it protected, and checking for updates should take less than a minute.
- If an update is already in progress, you'll see the option to restart your Chromebook. Otherwise, you can check for updates and start an automatic update, if one's available.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Keeping your computer's operating system up to date is a great way to make sure that you're getting the most secure version of the OS.And if you're the type to repeatedly click "Remind me later," it's good to know that it's easy to catch up with updates on your Chromebook. Advertisement
Here's everything you need to know about updating your Chromebook.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to update a Chromebook
Before you try to check for updates, be sure that your Chromebook is connected to Wi-Fi.Once that's done, here's what you'll need to do to both check for updates and install available updates:
1. Click the time, located in the bottom-right corner of the screen, to open a menu.2. Click on the gear icon to open the Settings menu.Advertisement
3. In the left sidebar, select "About Chrome OS."Advertisement
5. If it's not currently updating, click "Check for Updates" - if one is available, it will automatically download onto your Chromebook.Advertisement
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
NOW WATCH: 8 weird robots NASA wants to send to space
- Nourish your plants with cocopeat
- Dr Reddy's shares fell over 3% — the drug maker isolated all data service centers after a cyber attack
- Bajaj Auto is making more money on every vehicle sold — but it is selling too few to grow its profit
- Eros Now deletes its posts sexualising Navratri and apologises for offending internet users
- Best wireless keyboard and mouse combos