How to use GIFs on Gboard to better express yourself in messages
- You can use
GIFson Gboardto deliver your thoughts to others in an animated form.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Animated GIFs have become common on social media as a way of expressing thoughts and feelings, often referencing pop culture in the process. Gboard, Google's keyboard app, has GIF compatibility built into it as well. Here's how you can use GIFs on Gboard to better deliver your thoughts to your friends.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to use GIFs on Gboard
1. From your mobile device's home screen, tap on the messaging app of your choice.
2. Tap on the user to whom you want to send a GIF.
3. Tap in the text box where you would normally type a message. This will pull up the Gboard.
4. Tap on "GIF" in the bar above the keyboard, underneath the text box.
5. Tap on the GIF you want to send. If you're having trouble finding a GIF, you can also utilize the search bar. Just type a keyword associated with the kind of GIF you want into the search bar and results relating to that keyword will appear.
Keep in mind that once you tap on a GIF, it will be sent to the other person automatically, so be careful when swiping through your options.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision
- Rupee slumps 76 paise to close at 82.61 against US dollar
- Nobody should go to sleep empty stomach, govt's duty to ensure foodgrains reach the last man, says India's apex court