How to watch private YouTube videos, using a viewing link sent to your email
- It's possible to watch private YouTube videos if the uploader has sent you a viewing link.
- Private YouTube videos are not included in YouTube search results or picked up by external search engines.
- The uploader of a private YouTube video can choose to make it public at any time by changing its status on the YouTube site.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Most people upload videos to YouTube with the purpose of making them viewable to everyone.However, there are occasions in which a user might want a video to be shared with certain people, but not the general public. When that happens, the uploader may set the video's status to private.
If you get one of these emails, here's how you can watch the private YouTube video in question.
How to watch private YouTube videos1. In your inbox, click the email from the video's uploader letting you know the video has been shared with you.
2. In the email, a rectangular box will appear with a smaller red box with three white horizontal dots in it. Click this to be taken to the video on YouTube.
Jennifer Still/Business Insider
If you find that the video doesn't play or you get to a YouTube error page, sign into your account and then try clicking the link from your email again.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine
- Wuhan authorities now find Covid-19 on imported frozen food
- From WhiteHat Jr, Big Basket, and Unacademy to Dunzo — these are the Indian startups that reported data leaks over the past few months
- Chennai volunteer for SII's Covid vaccine claims Rs 5 cr compensation for health complications
- ASEAN distances from China's Covid vaccine diplomacy