'I think he's a rat and a liar': Watch Dave Portnoy and Vlad Tenev's heated Robinhood debate
BarstoolSports founder and the RobinhoodCEO spoke on Portnoy's YouTube channel on Tuesday.
- Portnoy opened by calling Tenev a 'rat' and pressed the CEO on Robinhood's liquidity issues.
If you missed the livestreamed conversation between Barstool Sports' Dave Portnoy and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev, here's what you need to know-and how to watch.
It started on an awkward note. In his introduction, Portnoy made his opinions known: "We all know how I feel about [Tenev,] I think he's a rat and a liar."
Portnoy opened the conversation by asking Tenev: "Ok, Vlad, you know everybody here who's watching this hates your guts, right?"
"That's what I hear," the CEO responded.
The insults died down while Portnoy pressed Tenev on what happened with Robinhood's temporary restrictions on GameStop and other "meme stock" trading.
Portnoy accused Tenev of betraying Robinhood's mission - serving retail investors - in favor of protecting the firm. But Tenev responded that market volatility and stock freezes spoke to "deep systemic vulnerability in the financial system."
"It wasn't just a Robinhood-unique issue," he said.
In the 38-minute conversation, Tenev and Portnoy discussed February's Congressional hearings on the GameStop market volatility. In addition to the substance of the hearings, Portnoy brought up Tenev's look.
"Your hair - it looks normal here," Portnoy told Tenev, but at the hearings, he called Tenev's blunt cut "a ridiculous look." Tenev sported a "Taco Tuesday" hat for the livestream.
The conversation, which aired on Tuesday night, is available in full on YouTube.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months