IITians who created ₹15,000 laptop get ₹75 lakh on Shark Tank India S2
Image credits- Primebook
- Developed by
IIT Delhialumni, Primebook costs just ₹15,000.
- It features an 11.6- inch display and runs on PrimeOS.
- The brand accepted and secured ₹75 lakh investment from Peyush Bansal and Aman Gupta for 3% equity.
AdvertisementPrimebook, a made-in-India
Pitchers presented their Android laptop ‘Primebook’ and shared how their product differs from others. They claimed that students could reduce their education costs by 85% using their laptops. Having piqued the interest of four out of five sharks, PrimeBook received individual offers from Aman Gupta, Vineeta Singh, Peyush Bansal, and Anupam Mittal, along with a combined offer from all five sharks. The brand accepted and secured ₹75 lakh investment from Peyush Bansal and Aman Gupta for 3% equity.
PrimeBook Android laptop
Founded by IIT Delhi alumni Aman Verma and Chitranshu Mahant in 2018, the brand has since worked with NGOs, schools, and EdTech companies to enable a smooth transition to hybrid and e-learning.
As the name suggests, the Primebook 4G is integrated with a 4G wireless SIM connectivity and the brand's proprietary Android 11-based operating system- PrimeOS. According to the company, this OS is specifically designed for learners, and users can access millions of Android apps from Prime Store.
With MediaTek Kompanio 500 processor, Primebook 4G is said to deliver fast performance and an immersive learning experience.
Besides this, the Android laptop is integrated with Mobile Device Management (MDM), by which parents can control usage. Also, with MDM’s help, they can access history and timelines and enable safe browsing.
Primebook just weighs 1.2kg, making it easy to carry. Further, the PrimeOS is coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 200 GB. It has an 11.6- inch display, a 2MP full HD camera for video calls, and a claimed battery life of 10+ hours once fully charged.
The laptop has a price tag of ₹15,000, currently available in a single variant.
British company develops the first-ever tractor that runs completely on cow dung
These audio setting tweaks can make music sound better on Spotify
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media