Instagram overfocused on videos, reels last year: Head
- Instagram's traditional photo posts suffered last year because of the platform's lopsided emphasis on videos and reels, said
- According to
Adam Mosseri, the company has since been working behind the scenes to restore a more equitable balance, and internal analytics indicate that it is effective.
While answering a question from his weekly Q&A about photographers 'losing faith' in Instagram as a platform for showcasing their work, Mosseri mentioned, "I think we were overfocused on video in 2022 and pushed ranking too far and basically showed too many videos and not enough photos," reports The Verge.
According to Mosseri, the company has since been working behind the scenes to restore a more equitable balance, and internal analytics indicate that it is effective.
"Things like how often someone likes photos versus videos and how often someone comments on photos versus videos are roughly equal, which is a good sign that things are balanced," Mosseri mentioned.
"To the degree that there is more video on Instagram over time, it's going to be because that's what's driving overall engagement more. But photos are always going to be an important part of what we do," he added.
During the Q&A, Mosseri also addressed spam on the platform, which is still a constant concern, the report said.
"We definitely have spam and bots on Instagram. We're doing our best to reduce it. I'm particularly worried about comments right now; it's something that we're actually actively looking into and hope to improve over the course of the year," he said.
For the first time in history, an AI bot will reportedly defend a human in court
These audio setting tweaks can make music sound better on Spotify
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala