Intel chief warns chip shortage could continue for up to two years
The strong demand environment continues to stress the supply chain across the world.
"While I expect the shortages to bottom out in the second half, it will take another one to two years before the industry is able to completely catch up with demand," Gelsinger said during the Q2 earnings call on Thursday .
Intel laid out its IDM 2.0 strategy in March, moving the company forward toward its goal of delivering leadership products in every category in which it competes.
Intel reported a strong Q2 and raised full-year revenue guidance by $1 billion despite a highly constrained supply environment.
In the second quarter, the company generated $8.7 billion in cash from operations and paid dividends of $1.4 billion.
"Q2 revenue was $18.5 billion exceeding our guidance by $700 million. This upside was led by continued strength in our PC business and earlier-than-expected recovery in both our IoTG business and the enterprise portion of the data center segment," said George Davis, Chief Financial Officer.
Gelsinger said that the ecosystem is back to shipping over one million PC units a day despite grappling with component shortages.
"I expect PC
AdvertisementThe replacement cycles are shortening on a larger and agwing installed base, the shift to notebooks, the deployment of new operating systems and new better experiences, "such as our Evo platform will continue to drive refresh on the 400 million PCs over four-years old that are running Windows 10," the Intel CEO noted.
Intel has created the Accelerated Computing Systems in Graphics group led by Raja Koduri to increase the company's focus in key growth areas of high performance computing and graphics.
Zomato and Swiggy are best food delivery apps in the world, says Zomato’s CEO
Vodafone Idea sinks nearly 10% and Airtel tumbles a bit after India’s Supreme Court denies a discount on past dues
Popular on BI
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- India reports 3,824 new Covid cases
- 77% of young Indians now spend the most on phones, apparels
- Global Pharma recalls 50,000 tubes of contaminated eye drops in US: USFDA
- Former India cricketer Salim Durani passes away aged 88; PM Narendra Modi, Ravi Shastri lead tributes
- India successfully achieves autonomous landing of Space vehicle