Internet outage in many parts of the world, as a private content delivery network goes down — Amazon, Reddit, CNN and many others affected
- A large chunk of the internet is facing a major
- The outage has swept big websites like Reddit, Twitch, Amazon, and news publications like CNN, The New York Times, The Guardian and more.
- The outage is said to be due to a fault at
If large parts of the web aren't showing for you, you're not alone. https://t.co/ZUnsx2phaP— Twitter Moments (@TwitterMoments) 1623149600000
“We’re currently investigating potential impact to performance with our CDN services,” the firm told news website TechCrunch.
Countries impacted by #InternetOutage: Ireland Germany UK US Hong Kong Japan Singaporehttps://t.co/NKymPoTS65— The London Economic (@LondonEconomic) 1623149005000
Outages like these usually occur due to some fault at a central service provider like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Akamai. In this case, the problem is being traced to Fastly, which is a CDN (content delivery network). Fastly says it had begun looking for the “potential impact to performance with our CDN services,” as per TechCrunch.
As per The London Economic, the main countries impacted by the outage are Ireland, Germany, United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.
GPU prices are skyrocketing in India — this is how crypto miners and scalpers are making it worse
Apple just unveiled its iOS 15 software update. Here are the biggest changes coming to your iPhone.
Apple is finding more ways to keep you glued to the iPhone with iOS 15
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Watch a raven take out a Google drone mid-air as the tech giant is forced to ground its home delivery service due to bird attacks
- Those who have held these stocks for a decade have only lost money
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
- IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians slips down to seventh spot after losing a match to RCB
- The Amazon bribery case in India is getting murkier and the lack of transparency is not helping